Technical Sales Representative—Optical Measurement and Inspection Systems
McCrone Microscopes & Accessories, LLC seeks a Technical Sales Representative—Optical Measurement and Inspection Systems for the regions of Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, and Missouri.
Responsible for increasing product sales of metrology products to industry and/or manufacturing accounts within assigned territory. Generate new business and ensure growth of existing accounts.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Direct sales for metrology solutions within assigned territory having oversight for region and/or direct reports within that region.
- Develop annual sales plan and strategy by accounts.
- Create and deliver effective customer presentations, mailings, and seminars to targeted venues and customers in order to educate and attract them to Nikon and The McCrone Group technologies and products.
- Perform sales and marketing presentations, new product introductions, and training to the customers. Communicate customer feedback.
- Work as part of a highly effective team by developing positive relationships with managers, customers, related individuals and groups.
- Report on significant changes or trends with customers, competitors and their respective area sales.
- Maintain communication on product quality, key sales events, and significant market trends to management.
- Complete weekly, monthly, and annual written reports in a timely manner as directed by management.
- Attend national and/or local trade shows and exhibits as required and represent the company at special events.
- Identify new opportunities for sales growth of existing and future products.
- Monitor and control expenses to maintain travel and expenditure expenses.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
- Maintain customer contact database. Maintain opportunities, schedule, contact information and notes in the system. Maintain records of sales activities.
- Provide practical “hands-on” and direct customer contact.
- Ability to travel, nationally or internationally, as required or needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- All other duties, as necessary or required.
- 5 years experience in technical product sales or support
- 5 years experience with metrology / Industrial applications
- 5 years experience with Industry and Manufacturing environment
- Experienced in Strategic/Solution Selling practices
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook and CRM
- Scientific understanding of metrology
- Able to travel a minimum of 30-45% overnight
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BS in Science degree, or higher in a technical or scientific area of study
- Related equivalent experience in Metrology, industrial scientific sales, optical systems, microscopy, or other applicable experience is a plus.
The applicant selected must be a U.S. Citizen, will be subject to a pre-employment background check and must be eligible for a government security clearance. McCrone Microscopes & Accessories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your résumé with a letter describing your experience and interests to the Director of Human Resources.