Our instructors deliver high-quality professional development microscopy courses that provide the essential analytical skills needed for problem solving back at your own laboratory.
What to Expect
- Our instructors average over 20 years of direct experience working in a laboratory solving current industry challenges
- Hands-on training in a modern microscopy facility
- Well-equipped classroom laboratories
- Working with real-world samples
- State-of-the-art instruments
- IACET certification, which ensures that the best practices in education are being implemented
- Robust learning manual that includes tools and resources for you to use back on the job
Industrial Microscopy Specialization
The Industrial Microscopy Specialization is a program of study for scientists who are currently employed in a materials sciences laboratory looking to expand their microscopy skills as they relate to materials analysis, or for those who are interested in pursuing a career in industrial microscopy.
The program consists of attending four standard Hooke College of Applied Sciences (HCAS) courses with hands-on instruction, each followed by 40 hours of practicum study characterizing unknown samples. Upon successful completion of each course and practicum, students who receive a grade of 90% or better will be issued a certificate of completion for each course.
Custom Microscopy Courses
Let us collaborate with you to design a custom course. Depending on the level of customization required and the number of employees to be trained, custom training solutions can often be more cost effective than sending the same individuals to an open enrollment microscopy course. As an added bonus, learning activities built into the courses provide great team-building opportunities.
Begin strengthening your team today. Phone 630-887-7100 or complete our contact form.
- Polarized Light Microscopy
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Infrared Microscopy
- Raman Microspectroscopy
- Sample Preparation Techniques
Professional Development Partnerships
Hooke College of Applied Sciences has partnered with The Center for Professional Advancement (CfPA) to offer technical training and professional development opportunities that include expert instruction, dynamic lectures, and hand-on learning for those in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, Chemical Engineering and Cosmetics industries.
For more information, visit www.CfPA.com.